The Criminal Law Solicitors working in association with Optimus law are vibrant, forward-thinking professionals that pride themselves on the vigorous defence of its clients. The team have experience in a wide variety of matters including defending serious drugs offences, assaults, public order offences, sexual offences, murder and serious fraud matters involving prosecutions by the Crown Prosecution Service, HMRC, Serious Fraud Office, MHRA and Trading Standards.
The team also has a vast amount of experience in Regulatory offences and is complemented by access to some of the leading barristers in the country who specialise in this field.
We are able to assist you and be prepared to take on any private instruction should a police officer or other public authority wish to speak with you about any criminal offence. Should your case require public funding, we are able to refer you to a number of specialist local and national legal aid providers with whom we work closely.
The criminal law solicitors working in association with Optimus Law works hard for you and will always protect your interests through a dedicated team of professionals.
Our in-house consultant Sona Uppal
Sona is a Senior Solicitor-Advocate in Crime having appeared regularly at police stations, magistrates’ courts and crown courts. Additionally, Sona has attended successfully on a number of cases at the Court of Appeal.
Sona covers matters as straightforward as theft to more complex assaults and murder. Sona has appeared in a number of notable cases including: –
- a nine-month pharmaceutical fraud which had extensive international elements to it;
- an “Honour-based” killing, where her client was found not guilty of the murder of his niece and serious assault of her then-boyfriend;
- cash-point armed robberies – where two of the alleged robbers were shot dead by the police;
- conspiracy to supply class ‘A’ drugs in the Suffolk area;
- causing death by dangerous driving;
- numerous rape trials including where a defendant was charged with 4 rape charges – with the dates being separated by 2 years. The first set of charges were dismissed after the matter was sent to the crown court and the second set of charges the client was found not guilty after trial.
Sona has extensive experience in drug matters, firearm offences, serious assaults, benefit fraud, motoring matters and sexual offences. She also has extensive experience in police stations and as a result brings her personal knowledge of the workings of the police to her crown court advocacy, thus ensuring there has been no untoward conduct by the police in their investigations.
Whilst not at the Crown Court or at Police Stations Sona spends her time in the Magistrates’ Court. Here, Sona has specialist knowledge in motoring and youth matters.
If you require assistance with any criminal law matter then get in touch today.